The HDSPe Express card is the best interface for professional audio because it is a genuine PCI solution that takes full advantage of achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio. Firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time. The Secure BIOS Technology ensures that the card stays fully functional even when the flash process fails.
The ExpressCard is based on the PCI Express Base Specification v 1.1. It represents a 1-Lane PCI Express endpoint device and supports 2.5 Gbps line speed. Thanks to the packet-based full duplex communication, the card provides a transfer rate of up to 500 MB/s – 250 MB/s in each direction.
The connection between ExpressCard and I/O box is established using ordinary FireWire cable (IEEE 1394, 6-pin). The data transfer does not use FireWire protocol, but RME's own proprietary bus protocol. The supplied cable is 4 m (12 ft.) long. The ExpressCard does not provide power to the attached I/O-box. Therefore a compact and light-weight hi-tech switch-mode power supply is included.
• ExpressCard, 34 mm standard
• 1-Lane PCI Express endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 1.1
• 250 MB/s transfer rate per direction
• Secure BIOS Technology: card stays fully functional even when the flash process fails
• Output: IEEE 1394 connector, RME bus protocol
• Package contents: ExpressCard, cable 4 meter (12 ft) IEEE 1394a, switch-mode power supply 100 V-240 V/12 V – 1.25 A, car cable, battery cable