RME presents the Digiface, a highly extended version of the well-known PCI card Project Hammerfall (DIGI9652). Digiface offers 3 ADAT optical I/Os, ADAT-Sync In, SPDIF I/O and word clock I/O like its predecessor. On top, there are 2 MIDI I/Os and a separate analog line out. Thanks to its unique 'Zero CPU Load' technology Hammerfall DSP guarantees highest performance and lowest latency on both notebooks and desktops!
The Hammerfall® DSP System comes with drivers for Windows 98/ME (MME with multi-client operation, ASIO 2.0, GSIF), Windows 2000/XP (full ASIO multi-client operation of MME, GSIF 2.0 and ASIO 2.0), Mac OS 9.x (ASIO 2.0) and Mac OS X (Core Audio, Core MIDI).
The small box using half the space of a 19″ rack doesn't show the included outstanding power and extensive features at first glance. The front panel hosts some useful status LEDs, like MIDI state, lock state of the digital inputs and error state of the host-bus. Additionally there's a high-quality 24 bit/96 kHz analog line output, also usable with headphones, and one MIDI I/O. The back of the Digiface offers real Hammerfall connectivity: 1 x MIDI I/O, 3 x ADAT I/O, SPDIF I/O, ADAT Sync In and word clock I/O. This compact multi-channel solution has everything you need.
• 3 x ADAT digital I/O, based on RME's reliableBitclock PLL
• 1 x SPDIF digital I/O, based on RME's reliable DIGI96technology
• 1 x ADAT Sync In (9-pin D-type) for sample accuratetransfers
• 1 x Word clock I/O (BNC)
• 1 x analog Line/headphone output, separate output forindependentsubmix
• 2 x MIDI I/O, 32 channels high-speed MIDI
• HDSP Meter Bridge: freely scalable level meters,peak- and RMS calculation directly in hardware
• TotalMix: 1456 channel mixer with 40 bit internalresolution
• S/MUX poured in hardware: 12 channels 96 kHz/24 bit for record andplayback on ADAT optical
• Supported sample rates: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, & 96kHz, variable
• 8 buffer sizes/latencies available: 1.5, 3, 6, 12,23, 46, 93, 186 ms
• ASIO zero CPU load technology: 0% CPU load when usingALL 52 channels!
• All settings changeable in realtime
• Clock modes slave and master
• Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock control
• Enhanced Mixed mode: All inputs and outputssimultaneously operational
• Unsurpassed Bitclock PLL (audio synchronization) inADAT mode
• Enhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-freesubmixes& perfect ASIO Direct Monitoring
• Comes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement,analysis and test tool
• Input 3 x optical (TOSLINK), 1 x coaxial (Cinch), 2 xMIDI, word clock (BNC)
• Input format SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer, Professional),ADAT optical
• Output 3 x optical (TOSLINK), coaxial (Cinch), 2 xMIDI, stereo analog line (1/4″ TRS), word clock (BNC)
• Format output SPDIF, AES/EBU (Consumer/Professional), ADAT optical
*The Digiface can be used with laptops as well as desktop computers. The connection to notebooks is achieved via a CardBus card, the connection to desktops via a PCI card. These interfaces are sold separately.*