Get the sound quality and flexibility possible with a large console in the compact package of the MOTU 8M Thunderbolt. This impressive audio interface provides an incredible 50 channels and quickly connects visa USB 2.0 ports. Also compatible with USB 3.0 technology, the audio interface provides 24 inputs and 26 outputs.
The MOTU 8M Thunderbolt is engineered to prevent common pitfalls of mixing, so you can focus on the sound, not on troubleshooting. The included eight microphone pre-amps each has its own pad, gain and phantom power and is protected by overload protection. This gives you an additional 9 decibel levels of leeway in any setup.
Choosing the MOTU 8M Thunderbolt means access to impressive mixing effects, including vintage compression for that old school sound and an awesome reverb. Built for true flexibility, the audio interface can be used alone as a standalone unit, and you can even control it with your mobile device, making it possible to leave your laptop at home and just rely on your iPad or iPhone. With just one Ethernet cable, you can expand your system with other MOTU interfaces, or get the MOTU AVB switch and instantly increase your available inputs and outputs.
• Superb audio quality – For example, the balanced TRS analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range and -110 dB THD+N (0.0003%) at -1 dBFS, Unweighted, 1 kHz.
• 50 simultaneous audio channels – Eight XLR/TRS combo inputs with individual preamps/pad/48V power, 8 balanced/unbalanced TRS analog outs, and 2 x 8-channel ADAT optical ports for 24 inputs and 26 outputs.
• Universal connectivity – Thunderbolt or high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0). USB audio class-compliant firmware and Industry standard drivers work with any audio software.
• On-board 32-bit floating point DSP with large console style mixing and effects – Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb with sends, plus modeled analog EQ and compression, gate, and reverb.
• System expansion and audio networking – Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately). Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (hundreds of meters). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
• Matrix routing and splitting – Flexible, matrix-style audio routing and splitting for any analog or digital input, computer channel or network stream to any other output, computer, or network device. Split any single input to unlimited multiple output destinations.
• Web app control – Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
• Stand-alone mixing with wireless control – Connect an Apple Airport or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 8M with a standard Ethernet cable and control the 8M’s powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
• Sample rates 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192 kHz
• Analog inputs 8 x XLR/TRS combo-style mic/line/instrument inputs
• Analog outputs 8 x 1/4″ TRS line out (balanced)
• 1 x 1/4″ TRS stereo headphone
• Digital I/O 2 banks (16 ch) of ADAT optical at 1x sample rates
• 1 bank (8 ch) of SMUX optical at 2x sample rates
• Total I/O 24 inputs and 26 outputs (50 total) at 1x sample rates
• 16 inputs and 18 outputs (34 total) at 2x sample rates
• 8 inputs and 10 outputs (18 total) at 4x sample rates
• Computer I/O 1 x Thunderbolt (compatible with 1 and 2)
• 1 x USB 2.0 audio class compliant (3.0 compatible)
• Sync I/O 1 x word clock in
• 1 x word clock out
• Headphone 1 x 1/4″ TRS stereo phone (assignable)
• Phantom power 8 x individual +48V
• Front panel 1 x 1/4″ TRS headphone output
• 1 x digital rotary encoder phone volume
• 8 x digital rotary encoders mic preamp gain
• 16 x switches (8) Pad and (8) 48V Phantom switch
• 324 x 24 pixel LCD for level meters / menu nav
• 1 x AC power switch
• Power International 100-240V autoswitching supply
• 50-60 Hz 0.5A max