Engineered for high-end mobile recording applications, the Traveler-mk3 delivers four very high quality mic inputs, bus power, optional battery power and DSP-driven mixing and effects processing.
The Traveler-mk3 provides eight channels of pristine 192 kHz analog recording and playback, combined with twenty channels of digital I/O in ADAT optical, AES/EBU and S/PDIF formats. Expand your system by connecting additional MOTU FireWire audio interfaces or the 8pre mic input expander.
The Traveler-mk3 is equally well-suited for studio, stage and remote locations, with or without a computer. As an interface or stand-alone mixer, the Traveler-mk3 provides 28 separate inputs and 30 separate outputs, including four XLR/quarter-inch “combo” mic/instrument analog inputs equipped with pre-amps, individual 48V phantom power switches and Digital Precision Trim™ controls conveniently adjusted from the front panel or CueMix FX™ software.
Sturdy lightweight construction — ready to travel with you anywhere.
• Compact size (14.75 x 9 inches) — fits easily into a napsack, briefcase or computer bag and sits perfectly under any laptop.
• Powered by computer — no additional power supply necessary for complete recording freedom.
• Optional battery power — standard field battery pack (sold separately) can be used for extended remote recording sessions and stand-alone operation as a complete digital mixer.
• 28 inputs / 30 outputs (at 44.1/48 kHz) — there's no channel sharing in the Traveler-mk3. Mic inputs, TRS analog, AES/EBU, RCA S/PDIF and phones are all handled as separate channels.
• Four combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4” guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with transparent preamps, phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
• Clip protection — Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12 dB over zero.
• Individual 48V phantom power on each mic input — mix and match microphones.
• Four 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and eight analog outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4″ TRS jacks.
• Digital Precision Trim™ — adjust input gain in 1dB increments on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs). Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs. Save and recall multiple trim setups.
• High-resolution recording — The Traveler-mk3 can operate all analog I/O at sample rates up to 192kHz.
• Flexible optical I/O — 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink. Mix and match formats between the two banks.
• CueMix FX™ — flexible 28 input/16 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including classic reverb with sends/returns, plus modeled EQ and vintage compression on every input and output.
• Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
• Advanced audio signal analysis — CueMix FX software provides real-time FFT and spectrogram “waterfall” displays for visual analysis of individual signals and entire mixes.
• Front-panel control — access your entire mix, or any Traveler-mk3 setting, directly from the front panel.
• Stand-alone operation — program your mixes at the studio and then bring the Traveler-mk3 to your gig — no computer needed. Just plug in the included DC power adapter. Tweak settings using the back-lit LCD.
• Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
• Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
• Compatible with the 8pre mic input expander — connect the 8pre via optical for 8 more mic inputs at sample rates up to 96 kHz fully integrated into the Traveler-mk3's CueMix FX mixing environment.
• Eight 24-bit 192kHz outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4″ TRS jacks.
• Phone jack with front panel volume control.
• Stereo 24-bit 96kHz AES/EBU in/out.
• Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out.
• Word clock in and out.
• Built-in SMPTE time code sync — resolves to and generates time code. Allows you to directly resolve Digital Performer, Logic, Cubase, Nuendo and other compatible host software to time code with no additional synchronizer needed.
• Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire.
• Includes drivers for Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista, including ASIO, WDM, Core Audio, and Core MIDI.
• Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
• 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
• Includes AudioDesk 3 full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac OS X with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
• Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire — Two FireWire 400 ports allow for daisy-chaining without a hub. Works with a FireWire 800 connection via a simple adapter or FW400-to-800 cable.
• Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 5.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
• Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync, tach and lock LEDs.
• Comprehensive level metering — Front panel LCD provides vertical meters for entire banks (8 channels at once) or horizontal long-throw metering for individual channels. Meter banks are quickly accessible via the dedicated METERS rotary encoder on the front panel.
• Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.